[Slackbuilds-users] Truecrypt SlackBuild

Ed Ender skaendo at excite.com
Mon Jul 31 14:02:50 UTC 2017

I would like to recommend that TrueCrypt be removed from SBo.

It has not been maintained since 5/2014, even their website (http://www.truecrypt.org/) says that it should not be considered secure, and they suggest that Windows users to switch to BitLocker.

The only viable replacement as far as I know is VeraCrypt (available on SBo) that has been forked from TrueCrypt, and is actively maintained.

Many vulnerabilities have been found and fixed since it was forked.
https://opencryptoaudit.org/
https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Release%20Notes.html

VeraCrypt also supports mounting TrueCrypt volumes according to the FAQ's, so there *should be* no issues migrating.

I have cc'd this to the TrueCrypt SlackBuild maintainer.