[Slackbuilds-users] slackbuilds for gslapt

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Mon Jul 31 19:18:45 UTC 2017

Le 31/07/2017 à 17:17, Eugen Wissner a écrit :
> PACKAGES.TXT is normally only for binary packages and repositories with
> binary packages; SlackBuilds.org is source based project. Doesn't
> slapt-get work only with binary packages?
Indeed. I am aware of two sources of packages built using SlackBuilds
from SBo and usable with gslapt/slapt-get:

slackonly provided by Panagiotis Nikolaou:
https://slackonly.com/
These packages are built using slackrepo provided by David Spencer:
https://idlemoor.github.io/slackrepo/index.html

the extra-14.2 repositories provided by George Vlahavas:
64-bit: http://slackware.uk/salix/x86_64/extra-14.2/
32-bit: http://slackware.uk/salix/i486/14.2/

A few things to bear in mind:
* slackonly is updated following SBOs updates and contains one package for
  each SlackBuilld IIRC.
* extra-14.2 does not contains all packages and is a "snapshot" of the
  state of SBo after the release of all SlackBuild for 14.2 but possibly
  a few exceptions, see this blog post:
  http://salixos.blogspot.fr/2016/08/our-new-extra-repository.html
* using several repos can easily lead to problems, even more so if they
  contain the same packages but not at the same versions.

So, as usual: be careful and know what you are doing.

Didier