[Slackbuilds-users] Building glabels on 14.1

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Jun 2 15:45:13 UTC 2017

>   I tried to build glabels-3.4.0 on my -14.1/x86 workstation and learned
> that several libraries need newer versions:
>
> Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.42.0' but version of GLib is 2.36.4
> Requested 'gtk+-3.0 >= 3.14.0' but version of GTK+ is 3.8.2
> Requested 'librsvg-2.0 >= 2.39.0' but version of librsvg is 2.36.4
>
>   Apparently there is no earlier version for 14.1, only 3.4.0 for 14.2. I
> can upgrade gtk+3 and librsvg, yet I assume that an upgrade to glib
> requires
> a kernel upgrade. Is this correct?
>
>   I'd appreciate suggestions for building a working glabel on this system.

No, there are 2 libraries which has similar names: glibc and glib

GLib is a library which includes support routines for C such as lists,
trees, hashes, memory allocation, and many other things.

glibc is the GNU C libraries and header files.

Since upgrading GTK stack requires a lot of efforts since there are lots
of components related AND affected by it, i would recommend to stick
with the current version of glabel for 14.1 or upgrade to 14.2.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo