[Slackbuilds-users] MaXX desktop - any takers?

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Jun 5 22:23:33 UTC 2017

On 06/06/17 07:32, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> we had two O2 in the office
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SGI_O2
>
> some realtime video effects they did are still amazing today.
>
> they have also a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/maxxdesktop/

For most of the 90's I worked in a visualization lab stocked exclusively
with SGI's on the desktop, starting out with mostly the Indigo model:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SGI_Indigo
(also a small Cray Y-MP in the machine room - set behind glass so
visitors could admire it).

Anyway, ever since the Indigo machines were being replaced with O2's,
I've had an Indigo in storage - pretty much forgotten about till this
thread. I'd often thought about replacing the internals with a suitable
sized mobo running Linux but I see on the wikipedia page that NetBSD has
some support for Indigos. I wonder if mine still powers up?

chris