[Slackbuilds-users] AQEMU?

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 19:11:21 UTC 2017

On 06/12/2017 11:35 PM, David Melik wrote:
> On 06/12/2017 10:56 PM, David Melik wrote:
>> On 06/12/2017 09:32 AM, Edward Koenig wrote:
>> > Looks promising.  I took used aqemu ages ago but stopped when upstream
>>> stalled (compile and emu support) .  I ended up just writing a shell
>>> script with zenity to avoid virt-manager.
>>>
>>> My qemu-2.9.0 update is live now on SBo. Is that the version you're
>>> using?  I might give it a shot later this week.  Qemu development is
>>> pretty active so let's hope aqemu can keep up!
>>
>> No; that may be the version they stopped at years ago. I'm using 2.9.2
>
> To clarify/fix what I said above... you confused me. I'm talking about
> the AQEMU SlackBuild and am using AQEMU 0.9.2. Sure, I'm using it with
> QEMU 2.9.0, but that's not the main topic of my original post.

Got it.  Of course, you can't really talk about aqemu without talking
about qemu as it is just a front end.  The reason aqemu was dropped was
when qemu added features and changed command line options, aqemu failed.

Since qemu is now 2.8/2.9 series and was 2.6/2.7 when aqemu-0.9.2 was
released, we need to do a bit more testing for SBo. I don't mind - I
liked aqemu back when and was sad when it went dormant.

-Ed