[Slackbuilds-users] openjdk was: Re: Updates - 20170225.1

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 2 12:22:09 UTC 2017

I just had reason to update the SlackBuild for another matter (missing
local help reader) and took the opportunity to update the Java
capabilities at the same time.

I had some sympathy with the statement that:

"some people will prefer openjdk because of
licensing. People who care about the "Libre" in the LibreOffice name
might care about this."

so I've changed the default to openjdk with alternatives selected by
setting a JAVA environment variable to the name of relevant SBo
SlackBuild; either openjdk, openjdk8, jdk or no (don't build with Java
support).

chris