[Slackbuilds-users] gdal SlackBuild fails

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:11:36 UTC 2017

>> > And, I did not override -j1. This pocessor does have 2 cores though.
>>
>> Duncan, sorry, before anyone else asks: the paste above looks done
>> from your unprivilege used environment.
>> it could be there are no differences but maybe it's better if you post
>> the one you got from running the SlackBuild (you can take it directly
>> from the /tm/SBo/gdal-* directory) from the root environment (in which
>> you get by running "su -l" from your user shell).
>>
>> Matteo
>
> Hi Matteo,
>
> I ran the build from a logged-in-as-root environment, as evidenced by:
>
>> 22:00:11# echo $0
>> -bash
>
> I just do su but then immediately start a fresh xterm (with a pink background,
> so I know it's root); then exit from the su.
>
> What looks unprivileged in the paste?

in the paste you have these lines

PATH: /home/dunc/bin64
PATH: /home/dunc/bin
PATH: /home/dunc/command_line_tools/bin
PATH: /usr/local/sbin
PATH: /usr/sbin
PATH: /sbin
PATH: /usr/local/bin
PATH: /usr/bin
PATH: /bin
PATH: /usr/games
PATH: /usr/lib/java/bin
PATH: /usr/lib64/kde4/libexec
PATH: /usr/lib64/qt/bin
PATH: /usr/share/texmf/bin

these mean that you have executed just "su" and not "su -" (or "su
-l") so your root environment, not having being launched as a true
login shell, was polluted by user variables (see point 3 of the howto
https://slackbuilds.org/howto/).
you shouldn't run SBo's build scripts executing just "su".

Matteo