[Slackbuilds-users] Giving up all my builds. :^(

Ryan P.C. McQuen ryanpcmcquen at member.fsf.org
Wed Mar 8 02:07:11 UTC 2017

—— On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:04:05 -0800 David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com wrote ——

Obviously everybody is indebted to you Ryan for your numerous

contributions, and I'm very grateful for those I use every day.

But I'd like to say thanks in particular for showing us the perfect

way to do GPL SlackBuilds:

# This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify

# the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or

# (at your option) any later version, with the following exception:

# the text of the GPL license may be omitted.

# This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but

# without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of

# merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Compiling,

# interpreting, executing or merely reading the text of the program

# may result in lapses of consciousness and/or very being, up to and

# including the end of all existence and the Universe as we know it.

# See the GNU General Public License for more details.

You've certainly left your signature on the Universe :)

Live long and prosper

 Thank you for the kind words David. I picked up that trick from Melikamp! The Slackware community teaches you how to learn, I’ve met incredible people through it, and being a maintainer has been very rewarding.
 I’d like to thank you for your incredible contributions, especially slackrepo (https://github.com/idlemoor/slackrepo), which has considerably raised the quality of all of SBo.
 -Ryan
[ryanpcmcquen.org]
 ​