[Slackbuilds-users] Xfce menu lacks menu category defined by xlog.desktop

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Wed Mar 8 22:25:11 UTC 2017

My build system for Slackbuilds is a full installation (except KDE) of
Slackware64 14.2.  I am using Xfce and it doesn't have the menu
categories available that the xlog.desktop file specifies.

Here is the relevant line from xlog.desktop:

Categories=Utility;Database;HamRadio;GTK

Consequently, Xlog doesn't show up in any of the Xfce application
menus.  At the very least a HamRadio menu would be desirable.

Looking through the repository I did not find a package that adds extra
menus for Xfce.  As information, Debian has a package, extra-xdg-menus:

https://packages.debian.org/source/jessie/extra-xdg-menus

that adds menu categories for Electronics and HamRadio.

Other than adding an SBo script for this package from Debian, what other
remedies have been employed?

TIA

- Nate