[Slackbuilds-users] GanttProject SlackBuild fails

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 17:06:29 UTC 2017

On 3/12/17, Ekin Akoglu <ekinakoglu at gmail.com> wrote:
> To my findings, the correct link is as follows:
>
> https://github.com/bardsoftware/ganttproject/archive/ganttproject-2.8.3.tar.gz
>
> I modified the link in the ganttproject.info file as above and have
> already submitted the updated SlackBuild.

If you use this link, the file will be downloaded correctly, but it'll have a
different name depending on what was used to download it (whether or not the
Content-disposition header is respected by the client). It'll either be called
ganttproject-2.8.3.tar.gz or ganttproject-ganttproject-2.8.3.tar.gz, so your
script needs to handle both cases.

...which it looks like it already does.

So the problem is with sbotools, not your script?

If you use the link from my earlier email, these problems go away. The
file will always be named ganttproject-ganttproject-2.8.3.tar.gz,
and tools like sbotools or sbopkg will Just Work, and you don't need
conditional code in your SlackBuild to handle 2 different filenames.