[Slackbuilds-users] New server for SlackBuilds.org

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Mon May 1 03:45:46 UTC 2017

> Sincere thanks to everyone who donated - we are honored that so
> many think this little project is useful and worthy enough to
> support. Without minimizing the impact of any other contributions,
> we'd like single out one contributor in particular, if only due
> to the fact that we were (pleasantly) surprised:
> Distrowatch.com donated $400 to the effort! Thanks, Unsigned
> Integer Limited :-)

Adding an official public announcement:
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20170501#donation

We are pleased to announce the recipient of the April 2017
DistroWatch.com donation is SlackBuilds. The project receives US$400.00
in cash.

The SlackBuilds project provides build scripts for the Slackware
distribution which automate building software from upstream source code.
Using SlackBuilds allows a user to quickly and easily install new
applications without relying on pre-built binaries in third-party
software repositories. SlackBuilds is currently trying to raise funding
for new server equipment.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo