[Slackbuilds-users] Spamassassin from SBo - broken DNS RBL filtering?

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Wed May 17 15:31:56 UTC 2017

On 17.05.2017 16:18, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> I have been chasing this issue on-and-off for months, and spent a lot of
> time the last few days on it. I run several Slackware servers with
> Spamassassin on them, and I  noticed a while ago that some don't use DNS
> blocklists.

Maybe your are using the providers nameserver, beside a lot others, so
the providers nameserver itself may be blacklistet because of too much
reqeuests, and therfore gets no(or only sometimes) answers from the dns
blackalist severs. This also happens if you are using google's dns 8.8.8.8

If this is the problem, providing your own Nameserver may be the solution.

Johannes