[Slackbuilds-users] All SlackBuilds.org services migrated - Sat May 20 03:04:17 UTC 2017

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat May 20 03:04:27 UTC 2017

As willysr mentioned in his earlier Updates mail, we have officially
migrated all SlackBuilds.org services to virtual machines hosted on
our new hardware provided by combined donations from our datacenter
( http://onyxlight.net ), DistroWatch ( http://distrowatch.com ),
and members of the SBo community.

DNS updates should be propagated to all well-behaved DNS servers
by now. If the homepage doesn't look just a little bit different
than it used to, then you are not seeing the new machine (hint:
there's a note at the top of the page).

Please take a look at the contributors page and pass along appropriate
appreciation for those individuals and organizations; as I've said
before, words can't adequately express just how thankful we are
for the support we get from our community.  If you are one of the
contributors and would like a hyperlink to somewhere with your
name, let us know and we'll make that happen.

I'd also like to thank the other SBo admins; erik and I did the
setup and configuration of the host machine, but ponce handled
the lighttpd integration with cgit on the git machine, and
rob0 handled the dns and helped troubleshoot some mail issues
with the submit form, and pprkut, idlemoor, and willysr helped
out with the website migration, database issues, testing (of
course), and various other things I've surely forgotten. On
that note, there's almost surely someone else who helped out
and feels sad that I didn't mention them, so if you are that
person, ping me and I'll fix that.

As usual, we tested this pretty well before we went live with it,
but we probably missed something - let us know if anything seems
off.

Happy Slacking!

-RW