[Slackbuilds-users] postfix version 3.2.4

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Sat Nov 18 17:29:09 UTC 2017

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 04:06:53AM -0600, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> I saw that Slackware Current included postfix version 3.2.4 so I
> updated the SBo for version 3.2.4 ; built it and installed it
> yesterday.

Note that Slackware's Postfix slackbuild differs from the SBo build
in important ways.  Most importantly it discards the *.new files,
instead using Postfix's own "postfix upgrade-configuration" command
to more intelligently add new configuration items and failsafe
overrides of default settings.

Also, the Slackware package will be more upgrade-friendly because
there are no longer any version-named directories in the default
configuration.  A symlink "postfix" in /usr/doc points to the
postfix-$VERSION directory.

Another significant change is that all the Slackware-provided map
types, as well as both Dovecot and Cyrus SASL, are now enabled by
default.  IIRC the existing SBo script didn't even offer sqlite3
support, and it offered Cyrus vs. Dovecot as an either/or choice
(you actually get Dovecot SASL support if you enable Cyrus.)

I would recommend using the build in -current.
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org