[Slackbuilds-users] TexLive: beamer class

johannes at schoepfer.info johannes at schoepfer.info
Fri Nov 24 22:11:03 UTC 2017

Hi Rich,

>> I don't know but in
>> https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/office/texlive/
>> it is said:
>>
>>> Note that this package conflicts with the tetex packages in
>>> Slackware,
>>> so you'll need to remove tetex and tetex-doc before installing
>>> TeXLive.
>>
>> You did that, didn't you?
>
> Didier,
>
>   I removed tetex years ago when Slackware replaced it with TeXLive.

I dont't really understand, you mean years ago when robby added texlive
to SBo?

If you have /usr/share/texmf/ in your system, it looks like tetex is
installed. You mentioned your beamer class is from 2004, that would also
match.

> I think
> (as I just posted on Trac) that I need to remove the entire
> /usr/share/texmf/ directory tree because texhash works only on
> /usr/share/texmf-config/, /usr/share/texmf-dist/,
> /usr/share/texmf-local/,
> /and /usr/share/texmf-var/.

Yes, like Didier said, remove all (te)tex(live) packages, and leftovers
/usr/share/texmf-{config,var,local}, and also ~/.tex* and ~/texmf if
present.
Logout/Login as you still might have tetex env variables from
/etc/profile.d.
Install texlive from SBo, it might be sufficient to not install
texlive-extra/fonts.
btw. texhash is a link to mktexlsr, but that's already covered by the
package's doinst.sh, that should be all.

Johannes