[Slackbuilds-users] Library versions need to be upgraded

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Sep 1 23:50:45 UTC 2017

On 09/01/2017 12:52 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I think the problem with not building gnucash-2.6.17 on my 32-bit 14.2
> system is related to outdated SBo libraries, specifically libwebp and
> webkitgtk.
>
>   libwebp is now at version 0.6.0; it built and upgraded on my desktop.
>
>   webkitgtk is now at version 2.16.6; it apparently switched from
> configure;
> make; make install to CMake. When I try the SBo script (with the correct
> version number) it fails:
>
> "./webkitgtk.SlackBuild: line 75: ./configure: No such file or directory"
>
>   One critical library missing from the gnucash build is provided by
> webkitgtk
> (/usr/lib/libicule.so.56), but the SBo version provides 51 instead.
>
>   How do I modify the build script to use CMake so I can upgrade webkitgtk
> and see if that allows gnucash-2.6.17 to build on this system?

On a clean, 32-bit, full install of Slackware 14.2, using the scripts as
they currently exist in the SBo repo, gnucash and it's dependencies
built and installed without issue.

libwebp-0.5.2-i586-1_SBo
libofx-0.9.11-i486-1_SBo
libgnomecanvas-2.30.3-i486-1_SBo
goffice0.8-0.8.17-i486-2_SBo
webkitgtk-2.4.11-i586-1_SBo
gnucash-2.6.13-i586-1_SBo

Also, as Matteo noted in your "CMake issues" thread, even gnucash 2.6.17
will build against what is in the repo. So, yet again Rich, the issue is
not reproducible and appears to be on your end.

--
Erik