[Slackbuilds-users] Library versions need to be upgraded

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Sep 2 01:06:37 UTC 2017

On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 17:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Sep 2017, Erik Hanson wrote:
>
> > So, yet again Rich, the issue is not reproducible and appears to be
> > on your end.
>
>    Which is why I'm trying to learn where the conflict is so that it
> can be removed.

You mentioned specific versions of some of those libraries (rather
than versions of the *package* containing those libraries), e.g.
libsomething.so.56.

I'd almost bet dollars to donuts that gnucash is trying to link to
a library that is linked to that libsomething.so.56, but since the
libsomething.so.56 is not present any more, the link is failing.

Given that the libsomething.so.56 or whatever it was is newer than
what is in the SBo repo, it's probably an artifact from when you
were trying newer versions of stuff, then building other stuff, and
some of the other stuff got linked by yet other stuff, then you
removed the what-was-"newer"-stuff above, built some yet-other-other
stuff that didn't link the now-removed "newer" stuff, thus you figured
everything was fine, and now here you are.

-RW