[Slackbuilds-users] pysetuptools?

David Melik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 03:46:39 UTC 2017

> On 08/06/2017 10:24 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>>> html5lib requires setuptools version 18.5 or above; please upgrade
>>> before
>>> installing (you have 0.6rc11)
>>
>> do you have a custom installation of pysetuptools in /usr/local perhaps?
>
> I don't think so; I have no reason to (I don't even make anything in
> Python.)  I searched there, didn't find anything.

After saying the above, okay, I found I had some similar/fork package of
pysetuptools, that name started with 'd,' and supposedly was going to
become better than setuptools, but lately was removed from SBo.  I wish
the people working on these newer languages would make up their mind.  I
removed the similar/fork package, then was able to compile everything
that hadn't compiled in SBo.