[Slackbuilds-users] slackbuilds.org site down?

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 17:31:25 UTC 2017

On 09/11/2017 11:31 PM, Robby Workman wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 00:14:47 -0600
> Erik Falor <ewfalor at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To whom it may concern:
>>
>> I'm trying to connect to the slackbuilds.org website but my connection
>> times out.
>>
>> http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/slackbuilds.org.html agrees with me
>> that the site is down.
>

> Yes, it is down.
>
> The Onyxlight datacenter is in Orlando, Florida (USA), which was
> affected by Hurricane Irma. None of the staff there are currently
> reachable, but last we heard, they and the DC are okay and have
> emergency power available. Most likely their uplinks to the net
> are down.
>
> -RW

Good to hear they are ok.  I've been through a few hurricanes back in Sc
and FL, including Andrew (that's one reason I moved to the western
states) and know the grief, both physical and emotional, they can cause.
We can FL etc a bit of time to dig out from under Nature's wrath.

Let's hope Jose keeps wandering around aimlessly in the Atlantic....

-Ed