[Slackbuilds-users] Very simple way of finding dependency

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 10:40:05 UTC 2017

I know SBo and Slackware doesn't have a system in place to track
dependencies - and most of the time that suits me just fine. However, on
occasion, I stumble over a piece of SBo software installed on my machine
- such as a library, and I would like to know why is it there - which
package needs it. I was thinking that, if when using the search field on
SBo website, it would also search through the .info and README files of
packages, I could easily get a list of packages which depend on or use
the library - and spot if one of them is something that I use or have
installed. It would be crude, but I think it would work.