[Slackbuilds-users] How to manage libs in a non default lib dir ?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sat Apr 7 17:49:18 UTC 2018

* On 2018 07 Apr 09:27 -0500, nico wrote:
> I could copy libs to a proper directory, makes symlinks or edit
> /etc/ld.so.conf .....

I added /usr/local/lib for locally compiled stuff (mostly as a test for
the generic install location for upstream packages I maintain) so that
'ldconfig' will add libraries found in that path.

> As I want to submit those slackbuilds once finished to slackbuilds.org, what
> could be an acceptable solution to fix the lib issues ?

You'll want to coerce the packages to install to the system directories
of lib/lib64.  Sometimes one will need to work with upstream to
accomplish this task.

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB