[Slackbuilds-users] Hostapd and KRACK attack

Brenton Earl brent at exitstatusone.com
Sat Apr 7 22:58:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am switching my wireless router from CentOS to Slackware and noticed
SBo's hostapd has not yet been patched.  Attached are my changes to the
hostapd SlackBuild and the upstream patches.  It builds and runs on
Slackware ARM 14.2.  I have not tested it on x86 or x86_64.

For those not yet aware of what KRACK attack is, here is the web site,
which also links to white papers discussing it, as well as relevant
published CVEs:

https://www.krackattacks.com/

The upstream source of the patches can be found here:

https://w1.fi/security/2017-1/

Not all of those patches apply cleanly.  Essentially I opened the Fedora
hostapd.spec to verify which patches apply cleanly since it is what is
used on my CentOS box.

Regards,
--
Brenton Earl