[Slackbuilds-users] multipath-tools for Current64

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 25 23:28:58 UTC 2018

On 26/04/18 02:29, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> It took some digging, but I found the download url for their tagged
>> releases. To get to where I found it, read on, otherwise, skip to the direct
>> link for 0.7.6 (the latest tag right now). On their main page,
>> http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr, click on the link for git tags (which I
>> have linked at the bottom of this message). From there, click on tag you
>> want. Then click the tag again next to the commit message. Then click the
>> "Tree" in the top area (not the one at the end of the commit line). Then you
>> should be able to click snapshot for the link. Every other method I found
>> for the snapshot would provide the hash, rather than the tag. What a pain!
>>
>> https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz
>
> this, unfortunately, doesn't work with wget...

You can make it work by quoting the url i.e.
    wget
"https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz"

The only problem with that is that the resulting filename is:

index.html\?p\=multipath-tools%2F.git\;a\=snapshot\;h\=refs%2Ftags%2F0.7.6\;sf\=tgz

That could be renamed after download or we could use wget's -O option to
rename it during download, although I can't quickly see how to
incorporate that into a .info file.

chris