[Slackbuilds-users] multipath-tools for Current64

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 26 11:04:56 UTC 2018

On 26/04/18 10:04, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 7:29 PM Christoph Willing
> <chris.willing at iinet.net.au <mailto:chris.willing at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     On 26/04/18 02:29, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>     > 2018-04-25 17:50 GMT+02:00 Jeremy Hansen <jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
>     <mailto:jebrhansen%2BSBo at gmail.com>>:
>     >> It took some digging, but I found the download url for their tagged
>     >> releases. To get to where I found it, read on, otherwise, skip to
>     the direct
>     >> link for 0.7.6 (the latest tag right now). On their main page,
>     >> http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr, click on the link for git tags
>     (which I
>     >> have linked at the bottom of this message). From there, click on
>     tag you
>     >> want. Then click the tag again next to the commit message. Then
>     click the
>     >> "Tree" in the top area (not the one at the end of the commit
>     line). Then you
>     >> should be able to click snapshot for the link. Every other method
>     I found
>     >> for the snapshot would provide the hash, rather than the tag.
>     What a pain!
>     >>
>     >>
>     https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz
>     >
>     > this, unfortunately, doesn't work with wget...
>     >

>     You can make it work by quoting the url i.e.
>         wget
>     "https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz"
>
>     The only problem with that is that the resulting filename is:
>
>     index.html\?p\=multipath-tools%2F.git\;a\=snapshot\;h\=refs%2Ftags%2F0.7.6\;sf\=tgz
>
>     That could be renamed after download or we could use wget's -O option to
>     rename it during download, although I can't quickly see how to
>     incorporate that into a .info file.
>
>     chris
>

> Yeah, I don't think you could do that through the .info. Plus, all tools
> may not rely solely on wget, so any flags could break other methods of
> downloading. I think the only option would be to include an if/then in
> the SlackBuild that would rename the file if it exists before it
> attempts to extract it. Something like (not sure if it will keep the
> indent, but you get the idea):
>
> if ls index.html*.tgz; then
>     mv index.html*.tgz $PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz
> fi

And yet another observation: if --content-disposition option is added,
then wget on a quoted url works as expected.

chris at d6:/tmp$ wget --content-disposition
"https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz"
--2018-04-26 21:02:00--
https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz
Resolving git.opensvc.com... 37.59.71.9
Connecting to git.opensvc.com|37.59.71.9|:443... connected.
Length: unspecified [application/x-gzip]
--2018-04-26 21:02:02--
https://git.opensvc.com/?p=multipath-tools/.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/tags/0.7.6;sf=tgz
Reusing existing connection to git.opensvc.com:443.
Length: unspecified [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: ‘multipath-tools-0.7.6.tar.gz’

multipath-tools-0.7.6.tar.gz        [     <=>
                   ] 357.64K   272KB/s    in 1.3s

2018-04-26 21:02:04 (272 KB/s) - ‘multipath-tools-0.7.6.tar.gz’ saved
[366222]

chris at d6:/tmp$