[Slackbuilds-users] Does anyone have trouble building DevIL ?

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Tue Aug 14 17:50:06 UTC 2018

> > “You’re going to have to when 15 is released”? You don’t know that.
>
> > I’ll deal with 15 compatibility when a release candidate is out, not
> > before.
>
> I just want to point out that I tried to compile DevIL on current and
> found no build issues. I next built it again without issues on a clean
> 14.2 chroot. Ythogtha's system may not necessarily be broken though, it
> could be interesting to know what the difference is.

And so, I found the culprit!
	Addind -fpermissive actually goes to another error implicating the
package "nvidia-texture-tools", precisely nvcore/Memory.h.
After removing this package, DevIL builds perfectly fine, even without
-fpermissive.

So there seems to be an incompatibility between those two packages

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>