[Slackbuilds-users] PHP 7.x

Eugen Wissner belka at caraus.de
Tue Aug 28 14:12:51 UTC 2018

Hm.. I won't update a production server to 15.0 on the day of its
release :) and more and more apps require php7. php7 from -current
isn't compatible with php5 and some people need to run both.

Slackware 15.0 has a long way, it is not in beta, there are will be
betas and several Release Candidates before. Unfortunately SBo will be
closed once Slackware 15 is released, but normally only the php version
in the script should be updated and it works. I wouldn't call it
"wasted effort" anyway. There is some chance Pat will update php to
php7 for slackware 14.2 once php5 reached EOL.

We should ask Pat to change php paths to version specific paths, so one
can run two versions simultaneously.

Eugene