[Slackbuilds-users] DosBox is releasing...

Arnaud yth at ythogtha.org
Fri Aug 31 09:07:30 UTC 2018

Hi everybody,

	yesterday something happened.
DosBox released a new version.
After more than 8 years on 0.74, we will be entering into the future with the
next update on version 0.74-2 !

	Seriouslier (Yeah, I know), it seems there's a 0.75 coming.
And as they really don't want to break any working game, this 0.74-2 only
changes a very few maintenance things over 0.74, for example no more need of a
patch to compile on modern gcc.

	So I think that as soon as 0.75 is delivered, I'll keep 0.74-2 on a new
package named dosbox74, which might not change for the foreseeable future, and
the dosbox package will follow the 0.75 release.
	I will also keep dosbox-dev, because nothing indicates that they'll
release 0.76 before 2026, eight years from now. If this happens not to be true,
and they start to release more often, less frightened to break compatibility
because 0.74 will still be there and working for all the games with which it is
already working... well, we'll see then !

	Happy Retro Gaming Folks !

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>