[Slackbuilds-users] Feedback needed: nodejs changes

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Dec 28 23:40:06 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Nodejs6 has entered maintenance release since April 2018 and it will be
EOL'ed in April 2019. Since nothing is depending on this package, i plan
to remove this package in 2019 if no one objected. I will push the
latest stable update in today's public update.

Current nodejs will be upgraded to nodejs v10 as the latest LTS release
and it will be considered an active release until April 2020 and EOL'ed
in April 2021

A new nodejs8 will be submitted if needed just in case there are some
packages that still incompatible with the latest nodejs v10. I will push
it after today's public update and give some time for users to migrate
and test their applications.

Any suggestions?

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo