[Slackbuilds-users] Feedback needed: nodejs changes

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sun Dec 30 00:06:57 UTC 2018

> By current cycle do you mean Slackware 14.2.
> If that is the case, then I would be testing node 10 under Slackware -
> current.
> I only need to check whether openssl greater than 1.0.2 is available

Yes, current cycle is 14.2
nodejs 10 is only supporting openssl 1.1.1, so it's not possible to
build it for 14.2 unless it's patched, but upstream is not willing to do
it due to the reason they stated in the issue tracker i mentioned before.

Hence, 14.2 will only see nodejs 8 unless OpenSSL 1.1.1 is introduced in
14.2, which is unlikely, since it's EOL'ed by the end of 2019 according
to https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html. Only by end of
2019 we might have a chance to see whether openssl 1.1.x will be brought
back to 14.2 or not.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo