[Slackbuilds-users] lilo

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri Feb 16 11:00:58 UTC 2018

Hello Tim,

Le 16/02/2018 à 11:38, Tim Dickson a écrit :
> hi all, this may be off-topic,  as lilo comes with slackware, but I
> have created a patch to allow lilo to work with nvme disks. I am
> working on patching liloconf to do the same.there are 2 questions I
> have, as lilo is "no longer developed" - but works just fine - apart
> from for nvme disks :
> 1. what is the best way of seeing if patrick is interested in the
> patch

Just post in the Slackware forum. Ptricks reads all threads.
As an example he ecently applied in -current a patch that I have
proposed there more than one year ago and almost forgot about.

> 2. is anyone interested in testing the patch?

I am. if that works I will provide an updated package in Slint and ship
it in the next Slint ISO, among other enhancements of the installer.

> At the moment I have patched the source for lilo, and after manually
> configuring the lilo.conf it works for me, but I only have 1 nvme
> disk, so am not sure how it presents for multiple nvme "disks".
> a quick > dd if=/dev/nvme0n1 bs=512 count=1|grep LILO
> comes up with a match. where previously I had to use sys/extlinux as
> lilo refused to work. Specifically if someone has more than 1 nvme
> drive i am interested in the output from
> cat /proc/devices
>  and
> cat /proc/partitions

You can do this: Fire up a VirtualBox virtual machine with the VB
extensions and set up two NVME devices. That's how I have tested patches
for NVME handling (now applied in -current) when using UEFI, as I have
no "physical" NVME device.

Cheers, Didier