[Slackbuilds-users] synergy is unavailable to download

Arkadiusz Drabczyk arkadiusz at drabczyk.org
Tue Jan 2 20:10:40 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 07:23:46PM +0000, David Spencer wrote:
> On 29 December 2017 at 22:46, Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz at drabczyk.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 09:56:20PM -0600, Donald Cooley wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> Synergy source files are unavailable for  download
> >
> > Indeed,
> > https://github.com/symless/synergy/archive/v1.7.6-stable.tar.gz is
> > gone.  There is
> > https://github.com/symless/synergy-core/archive/v1.7.6-stable.tar.gz
> > but it has a different checksum.  Package that has the correct
> > checksum can be found at:
> >
> > http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/synergy/v1.7.6-stable.tar.gz/a324798a47445de739a7ed4baf12638f/v1.7.6-stable.tar.gz
>
> Thanks Arkadiusz, fix applied.
> It's always a pleasure to leech off Fedora :)
> -D.

Coming back to this - OP also mentioned in an off-list conversation
that synergy package has not been updated for a long time.  In fact,
the last version upgrade was done in March 2016.  I used to use
synergy in one of my previous jobs and I know that controlling Windows
from Linux and vice versa is a common use case but as I don't have an
easy access to the Windows machine I'm not able to take this package
over and test it thoroughly but someone else may.
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz at drabczyk.org>