[Slackbuilds-users] spice-0.14.0 causes BSOD on Windows 7 when starting from managedsave

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 08:48:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

Just to let you know, this has caused me headache for a couple of days ;-)

Upgrading to spice-0.14.0, causes immediate crash (BSOD) of Windows 7
guest, when starting from managedsave state.
This has probably something to do with QXL graphics.

I downgraded spice to 0.13.3, and things work as expected again.

I had quite some fun, because in the meantime, I upgraded many of the
packages (qemu, libvirt, kernel) so I started to suspect the problem was
one of those. But it turned out to be not ;-)

All this should be told to upstream.
I'll have to yet figure out the proper place.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski