[Slackbuilds-users] intel-microcode

David Melik dchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 01:31:36 UTC 2018

On Sun, 07 Jan 2018 22:16:08 +0100, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
 > [...]  I see the rush in updating Intel microcode all over the place.
 > Yet, I can only find version 20171117 on Intel site.
 >
 > Has anyone any idea what is happening?
 >
 > I'm happy to update intel-microcode.SlackBuild as soon as the update is
 > available upstream. [...]

Probably recent serious (insecurity) hardware bugs discovered in CPUs
from last decades.

If I install intel-microcode (CPU from a year or two ago) can I still
use Management Engine Cleaner? ( https://github.com/corna/me_cleaner .)
Now that the truth about Intel running a secret entire other CPU with
operating system in your CPU has come out, not sure they're going to
still let ME Cleaner work, and also, if ME Cleaner is not perfected yet,
what a potential side effects may be.

Another topic, but as a subscriber, can't I still post (same email
address) here on Gmane, or I have to email now?