[Slackbuilds-users] Elvio Basello? (SlackBuilds no longer updated)

David Melik dchmelik at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 11:01:37 UTC 2018

A couple times the last few years I tried to use Elvio Basello's
kvirc.SlackBuild (
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/network/kvirc/ .)  I think I
emailed him before, and just a few minutes ago, and this (and last?)
time, slackware.it says something like that user doesn't exist.

His KVIRC build is now seven years old, after which a new stable version
was released that year.

I'm wondering what happened, and, as an alternative/second IRC client,
would like to try KVIRC again... but it's not clear Elvio is even active
for SBo for years...

I don't like KVIRC enough that I'd attempt to continue the build if it
became too difficult.  It's nice it has avatars, and a huge list of
servers/networks, but most the rest of it wasn't that good, and it's
definitely worse (one of the worst?) for IRC operator usage compared to
HexChat and maybe others.