[Slackbuilds-users] How best to contact Slackware devs?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jan 9 16:29:07 UTC 2018

On Tue, 9 Jan 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

> This sounds more like an issue for the alpine devs. Have you looked to see
> if a fix has been made for this issue? If not then it's worth opening a
> bug report with them.

Dave,

   Sent them a bug report, but they do not respond to anyone outside the
university. Also,

"Obtaining Alpine software

Source Download

Software and source code is no longer available from the University of
Washington. It is recommended to evaluate one of the alternative versions of
this software supported by the community. A wikipedia page that tracks
continued community development, and provides links to patched versions of
the software is available here."

   Looking at the Wikipedia page I see that the current developer is Eduardo Chappa
and he's the one with whom I've been communicating. I'll ask him if version
2.21.9 has this change. If so, I'll download the source and use the
Slackware script to build it and upgrade.

Rich