[Slackbuilds-users] vlc & libupnp (was: libass ABI changes)

Christoph Willing chris.willing at linux.com
Wed Jan 10 09:06:34 UTC 2018

On 07/01/18 03:22, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
[snip]

>>> vlc
>>
>> It failed to build, but i guess it's caused by newer libupnp
>> https://pastebin.com/dq8CKh1n
>
> thanks Willy!
>
> I found that support for the newer libupnp has been added to vlc in august
>
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc/vlc-3.0.git;a=commit;h=3eb4e03512f45c1fa27c7f9a6759e8e7d3905720
>
> so I'll let Chris decide in which way he likes to proceed (get in
> touch with me directly or via the list, either is ok): looks like vlc
> 3.0 is near but if a more recent git snapshot of the 3.0 branch is
> needed I can host it.

Firstly, I'm sorry for the late response; I recently returned from a
holiday and had a lot of catching up to do first.

I tried building the latest code in the vlc git repo (which would
include the commit mentioned by Matteo) but there were a few problems
which I didn't feel like delving into.

Instead, I've added a patch using that commit. It all builds & runs
fine, although I don't have a simple test to exercise the patched code.
I don't expect any problems though since the patch only changes some
function arguments.

chris