[Slackbuilds-users] What is the best way to add a tag to the version of a program?

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Wed Jan 10 23:12:54 UTC 2018

Fellype,

A couple comments here.

1. I agree with Andrzej that if you update your SlackBuild because of a
new version of the source code available, that should constitute a
change in the VERSION variable, not the BUILD. BUILD is more for
adjustments to the SlackBuild script itself (or other things unique to
SBo) for the same version of the source code. As Andrzej said, replacing
the dashes in the source version string with underscores is a typical
way to handle your situation.

2. That said, sbotools should check the BUILD as well as the VERSION
when determining whether a package should be upgraded. I recently went
through this with sboui, too. Perhaps an issue should be filed upstream
if sbotools does not do that.

Dan