[Slackbuilds-users] Wishful thinking

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 13 16:58:32 UTC 2018

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018, Alexander Grotewohl wrote:

> So I was thinking it'd be kind of neat if it were possible to log in on
> the slackbuilds site and check off software I've installed, and perhaps
> get a list of items that have changed since I last checked. Yeah, wishful
> thinking indeed :)
>
> BUT, on a separate, related note, what do you guys & gals use to keep track?

Alex,

   Not sure this answers both your wish and your question but I use sbopkg
<https://sbopkg.org/>. After it starts I re-sync my local repository to the
SBo repository, check for upgrades, view the queue to see what I want to
upgrade, then process the queue. Works very well unless there's a mis-match
between the checksum on SBo and the actual downloaded source.

   Try it. You'll like it.

Rich