[Slackbuilds-users] Wishful thinking

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Sat Jan 13 22:23:40 UTC 2018

I'm partial to sboui myself (well, probably because I wrote it :)). It
makes it really fast to see what's installed or upgradable, as well as
several other useful filters. Just hit f then i for installed or f then
u for upgradable, and you will have a list sorted by group and name.
Select one and hit enter to see what else it can do. It does require a
separate tool like sbopkg or sbotools to do the package management part,
but in the next release it will get a built-in package manager that can
be used instead if desired.

They are all good though, and I'm sure that sbopkg, sbotools, slackrepo,
or sboui will all do the job equally well albeit somewhat differently. I
have used all except slackrepo, just because I don't have a desire to
keep a local repository of packages. Any of them will certainly be
better than trying to keep track of everything manually.

Dan