[Slackbuilds-users] letsencrypt updates

Eric Pratt eric.b.pratt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 23:45:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 3:40 PM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> >     See my changes here
> >     https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/commit/?h=
> letsencrypt-review&id=9abf7d8542cc0237903252bbc34b8f0ee8015e0a
> >
> > ​I already saw those.  But what I mean is that the patch is not
> > necessary.  Since the constants.py file no longer contains apache2ctl
> > references, you don't need the new patch file and can just change the
> > sed line to point to configurator.py instead of constants.py, right?​
>
> There are other paths needs to be changed as well because the default
> location refers to Debian/Ubuntu.
>
> I tested new cert request and it's still working fine here

I see.  The /apache2 ​/httpd modification is already done in the slackbuild
as well in the for loop containing the sed command for that.  The only
changes to configurator.py not handled by changing the sed target are:

vhost_files="httpd-vhosts.conf",

le_vhost_ext="-le-ssl.conf",

The le_vhost_ext is of no consequence because I can specify that on the
command line.

But the "vhost_files" one breaks things for me.  I've been maintaining web
servers since the '90s and like almost every other web admin I've ever met,
i maintain vhosts configs in separate files per vhost.  Since certbot
doesn't provide a method for changing this option via the command line,
this forces everyone to use the example vhost file as the only place to put
vhosted domains they wish to be renewed by certbot in that one file.

Honestly, I think just changing the one sed line to configurator.py and
removing the patch would be the best way to go.  Not only would it not
break things for anybody, but it would also prevent you from having to
maintain a patch file that will likely change more often than the filename
where the apache2ctl string needs to be changed.  Even then, if you really
wanted to and since this build is only for slackware, you could encapsulate
the apache2ctl/apachectl sed line in its own for loop like the
apache2/httpd loop and then you never have to worry about it.​

for i in $(grep -ri apache2ctl * | cut -d: -f1 | sort -u)
do
  sed -i 's/apache2ctl/apachectl/' $i
done