[Slackbuilds-users] New layout of https://slackbuilds.org/

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Tue Jan 23 16:55:53 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 16:14 (+0200), Petar Petrov wrote:

> with all due respect, I don't like it. It looks squashed.

> What's the point of having a wide layout, when the description of each
> entry is still limited to 72 characters per line?

Also, I looked at www.slackbuilds.org/contributors/ and the
line-breaking is weird, so I looked at the source and I see explicit
my window is just the correct width for my font size.

Of course, the joy of web pages is that getting them to look right on
all sorts of different systems and all sorts of browsers is
practically impossible.  I avoid making web pages at all costs :-)

Cheers.

                                Jim