[Slackbuilds-users] Package as a whole or in different parts

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:43:42 UTC 2018

On 1/30/18, Xavier Maillard <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

> As I do not want to go the wrong way and I want to stick with the
> KISS philosophy, I am just asking here: how would you package this
> ? As a whole sat SBo build script, as 2 SBo (one for the backend
> and one for the frontends), as many different SBo scripts (one for
> the backend and one per frontend) ?

Does the source for all of the above come as a single tarball?

If so, I might do a single SlackBuild, that builds the backend and
all the frontends by default, with environment variables to disable
parts of it.

Example: the transmission SlackBuild. I maintain that one, though I
didn't write it from scratch (took it over from previous maintainer a
while back).

If the sources ship separately, it makes more sense to do separate builds
for the different parts.