[Slackbuilds-users] Package as a whole or in different parts

Xavier Maillard xavier at maillard.im
Wed Jan 31 13:47:53 UTC 2018

Jeremy Hansen <jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com> writes:

>> If the sources ship separately, it makes more sense to do
>> separate builds
>> for the different parts.
>>

> I do a similar thing for mediainfo. It is the same source for
> both the CLI
> and GUI versions, so I have the CLI enabled by default (but can
> be disabled
> if desired) and the GUI optional by passing GUI=yes.

It makes sense. Thank you.

My project ships in different parts actually, one big part
(including both the backend and a few frontends) and another
source tarball for a specific "GUI" project (a webapp client).

After some deep thinking, I am not sure I will build as many
packages. "sat" with no frontend is pretty useless AFAIK. I will
do a unique package and another one for the libervia frontend (the
webapp).

Regards
--
Xavier