[Slackbuilds-users] Repology a public emailaddress repository; SlackBuilds-users Digest, Vol 147, Issue 3

David Spencer idlemoor at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jul 3 09:03:41 UTC 2018

On 03/07/18 09:41, sborg63 wrote:
> Yes, one is forced to do so... Repology is of course just an
> example. Still, it is a bit steep to expect for people who contribute a
> couple of packages to set up their own middle layer to prevent this
> kind of risk.

Oh, come off it. The "risk" is trivial, and so is the effort of thinking
of a new name for yourself and having a secondary mailbox.

> When you want to get rid of obfuscated emails one could think of
> combining SBo-submission with a mailing list like this one that relies
> on unscrambled email addresses.

*NO*. Combining separate datasets to unmask individuals is, legally and
ethically, *very* *very* *bad*. (My day job involves both open data and
GDPR, so I'm familiar with this stuff)

> In this respect, it is worrying that while this mailing list is
> non-public

It isn't, it's public.

Maybe more later, but #dayjob...
-D.