[Slackbuilds-users] bad downloads, courtesy of sbosrcarch

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 05:57:26 UTC 2018

On 7/22/18, David O'Shaughnessy <lists at osh.id.au> wrote:

> Looks like they are pulling releases quite quickly now, my 1.14.3 update
> is gone already. How does sbosrcarch work? Can I submit archives to that?

sbosrcarch follows the master branch of SBo git... meaning if you notice
the file is gone and submit an update, sbosrcarch won't pick up your
update until after Willy or David does a public update (usually weekly on
weekends). If the release gets pulled again between the time you submit
the update and the time of the public update, sbosrcarch won't be able
to download that release...

The way sbosrcarch works, even if I knew ahead of time about your update,
I can't add the file to the archive manually: it will check the md5sum
and see that it doesn't match the .info file, and the add will fail. Only
after the public update will it work (and in this case, by then, it's
too late).

However, you could get yourself a sourceforge account and get added
to the slackbuildsdirectlinks project, upload files that way. Not sure
who's in charge of that (it isn't me) but it's someone on this list who
will likely be replying to this message soon :)

Failing that, I could host it on naptime.net, but my storage is pretty
limited, and it'd be a hassle for you to have to contact me every time
the file needs to be updated. Better to use sourceforge so you have
control of it yourself.