[Slackbuilds-users] build of zathura stops on CURRENT

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 07:48:26 UTC 2018

> Hi,
>
>> To build the zathura SBo package on Current I needed to add
>>
>> WITH_SYNCTEX=0 .
>>
>> There is a new texlive package in Slackware-current.
>

> This is almost 100% the same package as the one on SBo.
> Does zathura build on slackware 14.2?
>

>> In file included from zathura/synctex.c:8:
>> /usr/include/synctex/synctex_parser.h:53:10: fatal error:
>> synctex_version.h: No
>> such file or directory
>>  #include "synctex_version.h"
>>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> compilation terminated.
>> make: *** [Makefile:96: build/release/zathura/synctex.o] Error 1
>> rm zathura/resources.c
>>
>> <<<
>

> synctex_version.h was never included in texlive, as far as i know.
> The synctex build from github also doesn't put this header in the
> system on installation.
>
> Does it work if you put
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jlaurens/synctex/2017/synctex_version.h
> manually in /usr/include/synctex/ ?
>
> If not, maybe applying
> https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/plain/trunk/0001-meson.build-Don-t-do-broken-synctex-version-check.patch?h=packages/zathurato
> the build works.

IMHO, the problem is right there in synctex: it's synctex_parser.h,
installed with it (together with texlive), that looks for
synctex_version.h.
archlinux maintainers consider it broken

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/58410

this breaks also, for example, qpdfview

https://pastebin.com/raw/pwic3afY

Matteo