[Slackbuilds-users] Google-earth upgrade question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 30 19:26:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

> the 32 bit version doesn't get updated anymore i think Google is updating
> the x86_64 only

Willy,

   That's interesting. There are computers using the Atom CPU which is
32-bit, and probably others.

   I've not run into any issues using google-earth so I don't know what any
new releases provide that the one on this host lacks.

   Perhaps the 32-bit link can be removed from the SBo page and mention made
that like Opera google-earth is now only 64-bit.

   And, the 32-bit Opera (and chromium) still work here when some web server
fails to accommodate the latest firefox versions.

Thanks,

Rich