[Slackbuilds-users] D2x-Rebirth breakage with new PhysFS

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 06:35:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

D2x-Rebirth is currently broken on SBo after the update of PhysFS to
version 3.0.1.  There has been some discussion and a successful patch
on this thread in Slackware Forums:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/sbo-scripts-not-building-on-current-read-1st-post-pls-4175561999/page82.html#post5863183

While the patch gets D2x-Rebirth compiled and installed there are a
few glitches in the game (due to the new PhysFS) that have been
patched in git, patches which translate reasonably poorly to the
release version. A new version of D2x-Rebirth is pending and I am
personally running the most recent git but I am aware that this would
perhaps not be the best version for SBo.

I have cc'd this email to the SBo maintainers of D2x-Rebirth (as well
as contacting him personally) and PhysFS.

Thanks for looking at this,

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?