[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding all SBo packages on new system

David O'Shaughnessy lists at osh.id.au
Fri Jun 8 04:15:43 UTC 2018

On 06/08/2018 03:11 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jun 2018, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
>> Sounds like David Spencer's slackrepo would be ideal for your situation.
>> http://idlemoor.github.io/slackrepo/
>
> Jeremy,
>
>   Thank you. I'll get a copy and learn how to use it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rich

I would get the list of packages from the old machine:
packages=$(ls /var/log/packages/*_SBo | cut -d'/' -f5 | rev | cut -d-
-f4- | rev)

and then feed that into slackrepo on the new machine:

slackrepo build $packages
(or slackrepo install if you want to install everything).

If there are any build customisations you've made then it would be
worthwhile looking at the HINTFILE system that slackrepo uses. A default
set for slackrepo can be found at:

https://github.com/idlemoor/slackrepo-hints

--
Dave