[Slackbuilds-users] dmca takedown notice?!

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:22:38 UTC 2018

> I just  received a dmca takedown notice for my slackbuild repo copy on
> github (I looking at the document, I am not the only one from this
> community).
>
> It seems that steinberg is claiming jack-tools and anything related to it is
> affected.
>
> Should we respond as a group or as individual? In this case there definitely
> nothing in the slackbuild that belongs to steinberg but I am not a lawyer...
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Greg

maybe the SlackBuild can just be modified to use the Steinberg headers from

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr/master/VST/pluginterfaces/vst2.x/aeffect.h
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RomanKubiak/ctrlr/master/VST/pluginterfaces/vst2.x/aeffectx.h

as additional DOWNLOADs in the jack-tools.info file.

Matteo